Ethan's Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 28, 2009

    A day in the life


    I found this on my work computer from six months ago. Kind of cute, if I do say so myself!

    Yesterday marked our first joint Well Baby visit – Camden's 18 month and Ethan's 6 month. I thought it was time to document a day in the life of my boys à
    6:30 AM: Baby's crying – listen intently to determine which one is giving us our Morning wake up call (not that it really matters!)
    6:32 AM: Nurse Ethan… Can we get his breakfast done before big brother wakes?
    6:32 AM: Discuss the good night with Steve… I know I was up with Ethan, but I'm too tired to remember à 3:20? No, says Steve, he was up with Oliver; Oh, well, must have been before that
    6:40 AM: Camden hollers!
    6:45 AM: No cuddling, Camden is stating intently "eat", "eat"
    6:46 AM: Waffles are in the toaster and discover the carton of Soy milk is empty. Drats!
    6:50 AM: Camden is adamant that "Wah-ver" is not going to work, tantrum is broiling. Emergency stash of Similac's ready to feed Soy formula.. will it be a sufficient substitute?
    6:51 AM: "Wah-vels" are on the plate, Big Brother is content for now
    6:52 AM: Go find Ethan…. Luckily he's still generally wherever I left him and also genuinely happy that I came back for him
    7:00 AM: Waffels for everyone… daddy makes me coffee before heading out to be at work by 7:10 AM: Diaper change! Ethan's wet diaper has the beginnings of formed poops! Am I really that excited about formed poops? Maybe I'm sad about formed poops? Maybe I am waaaay too sleep deprived to care so much about formed semi-formed poops.
    7:20 AM: Camden's diaper change, luckily he's pretty excited to tell me about his current interest in Buttons the musical stuffed animal to protest too much
    7:30 AM: What are we going to do all day? The kids are sensing my lack of preplanned activities. Steve leaves with a reminder that the upstairs bathroom needs straightening up (as does the rest of the ENTIRE house!)
    7:40 AM: Feed the facebook addiction? No… too much work!
    7:45 AM: What smells? I mean, Who smells!
    7:46 AM: Ethan smells…. Little man surely must feel better after he unloads!
    7:50 AM: Art time: Camden loves art and the Art Box needs to be sorted.
    8:10 AM: Grandma calls to check in… doe we need them to come up this weekend? That's sweet, I think, I'll check with Steve, but I think we're fine, I respond.
    8:15 AM: Masterpieces should really take longer… a lot longer. But most of the art box is sorted
    8:20 AM: Call Ba Noi in Ohio to catch up on the week. Decide to webcam;
    8:30 AM; Where's that danged Web Cam? We just used it last week with Dr. Aunt Paige.
    9:00 AM: Baby Juggle for Ba Noi and Ong Noi: But great chat. Camden loves seeing his Grandparents: he played peek a boo, showed off his love for his little brother and his words too; Ethan smiled and enjoyed the session too!
    9:10 AM: Oh! I'm missing my Stay At Home Mom indulgent hour: The Ellen Show! Usually the boys and I dance with along with her to many giggles.
    9:11 AM: Now who smells? Surely not Ethan again!!! Camden's turn for a diaper change.
    9:20 AM: Where's the Febreeze? Freshen the house while ½ watching Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson on Ellen
    10:15 AM: Snack time: Cheerios and bananas…. The similac is not going over well in the cheerio bowl. "Cookie, Cookie" is the mantra. Hmmmm
    10:30 AM: Dismantle the baby swing. Ethan hasn't been in it in weeks. Start a tantrum by not letting Camden play with the electic cord
    11:00 AM: General clean up: sort the DVD collection for the ARC collection coming on Tuesday;
    11:15 AM: Camden walks purposefully over to pantry and pulls out the Gerber granduates for lunch. Throw in a steam fresh bag of veggies first and the heat up lunch
    11:16 AM: Prepare Ethan's peas knowing he's not going to like them…double check that there's sweet potatoes
    11:30 AM: Everyone's eating! Sort of! (Attempt to sneak in Ethan's antibiotic!)
    11:32 AM: Seriously…. Lunch really should last shorter and not be so messy!!!! Nap time is really needed, with Mommy needing a nap the most.
    12:00: Ethan nurses and falls asleep. This could be good, this could be very good!
    12:30 pm: Nap time disaster start. Camden is adamant that his naptime will not be occurring as scheduled (maybe because he slept in?)
    1:00 Pm: Seriously? Doesn't he realize that not amount of tears will forego naptime? And it's not a game, contrary to popular belief
    1:10 pm: Suppress major jealousy as Steve has returned to work from home. He's currently reclined watching THE Ohio State Buckeyes play their first game in the big 10 tourney
    1:30 pm: Call gradma, this mommy is miserable and wants her mommy!
    1:40 pm: Steve can sense my desperation and intervenes with Camden and his unwillingness to nap
    1:45 pm: the countdown begins: scrape out the rancid left over chicken that didn't get eaten, empty the pungent garbage, empty the dishwasher… wash all the dishes because they weren't clean – again. Check the Jet Dry – still full; check for plugged something… see a broken piece. Load the dishwasher anyway…. Things got marginally clean even with that broke piece.
    1:59pm: Short napper wakens… pop in and sooth him back to sleep

    I wish I could remember how the rest of this day went! All the days go so fast but are so wonderful!

    1 comment:

    The McChungs said...

    Reading this totally stressed me out Kim...good thing Addy is sleeping and I'm feeling pretty good today :) CUTE!!!